How do I copy a selected area in Procreate?
Copying and Pasting a Single Element in Procreate
- Click the selection tool in your dashboard. It’s the 3rd one that looks like an “S.” …
- Choose the Freehand option and draw your selection around the element you want to copy and paste. …
- Choose the “Copy & Paste” button.
- Move your copied and pasted element, as needed.
How do you select and move part of a drawing in Procreate?
If you want to just move the entire contents of the layer then skip to step 4.
- Tap on letter ‘S’ This is the selection tool. …
- Tap on ‘Freehand’ category. …
- Circle the objects you want to move. …
- Tap the Mouse icon. …
- Move your objects around with Apple Pencil. …
- Tap the Mouse icon to save changes.
Is there a selection tool in Procreate?
The Selection Tool in Procreate does exactly that: makes selections. This handy tool can be accessed by clicking the S-shaped icon at the top left of the program.
Can you copy and paste a shape in Procreate?
Another way you can do this is once you have drawn a shape around your selected item, click on the wrench symbol in the top menu of the Procreate screen. Make sure the first tab “add” is selected. Choose “Paste” and your copied layer will be pasted into your layer menu!
How do you cut something in Procreate?
To cut in Procreate, make sure that your desired layer is highlighted, or you’ve used the select tool to select your desired elements. Swipe up with 3 fingers to access the copy and paste menu and click Cut. You can also click on the wrench to open the Actions tab and click the Cut button there.
How do I move layers in Procreate?
To Move a Layer, Tap and Hold, and then Drag the Layer to the desired order.
How do you select a shape in procreate?
To activate the selection tool, tap on the selection icon on the top menu and its options will show up at the bottom. The selection tool can remain active when other functions are being used, such as the brush tool. When the selection tool is activated, only the selected area on the canvas can be edited.
How do you lasso select in procreate?
If you just want to move one area instead of the layer, still select the “squiggle” tool (third circle on the left) and make sure “Freehand” is selected at the bottom. Select the area you want to move and select the “Move” tool (fourth circle). Then drag/move selected area. Thanks!