Can I import multiple objects in substance painter?
In short, you cannot add multiple meshes to a single Painter session. You have to open it up as one OBJ (or FBX). That means you need to “assemble” your composition in a 3D modeling tool first. Assign materials to as-needed to your mesh before exporting it.
How do you import assets into a substance painter?
Navigate to Substance Painter and in the top menu click File > Import:
- An Import Resources dialog will open:
- Current Session: This location will be a temporary import that will only exist during this session of Substance Painter.
What files can Substance painter import?
List of supported file formats:
- abc (Alembic)
- dae (Collada)
- fbx (Autodesk FBX)
- gltf (GL Transmission Format)
- obj (Wavefront OBJ)
- ply (Stanford Triangle Format)
How do you bake by mesh name?
Open the Baking Window (by right-clicking on a linked mesh in the Explorer Window).
Enabling Matching By Name
- Open the Baking Window (via the Texture Set Settings).
- Display the Common Parameters.
- Change the setting Match from “Always” to “By Mesh Name”.