Click and hold the Knife tool in the Tools panel and select the Scissors tool. Click in two places on the inner circle as shown. Select the cut segment with the Selection tool and press Delete to remove it.
How do I delete part of a selection in Illustrator?
Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
How do you break a symbol in Illustrator?
Select one or more symbol instances. Do one of the following: Click the Break Link To Symbol button in the Symbols panel or Control panel, or choose Break Link To Symbol from the panel menu. Choose Object > Expand, and then click OK in the Expand dialog box.
How do you delete part of a letter in Illustrator?
Click and drag your mouse across the text to erase parts of it.
How do you delete a half circle in Illustrator?
Press V to switch to the Selection tool and click outside the circles to deselect. Then click every other half circle and press Delete.
How do I separate part of an image in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Scissors ( ) tool.
- Click the path where you want to split it. When you split the path, two endpoints are created. …
- Select the anchor point or the path cut in the previous step using the Direct Selection ( ) tool to modify the object.
Where is the knife tool in Illustrator?
You can find the Knife tool under the Eraser Tool. There isn’t a keyboard shortcut for the Knife tool. Draw through the shape to cut. You can make a freehand cut or straight cut.
What is 9 slice scaling symbols?
9-slice scaling is an attribute found in the Flash Player. Basically, you can “program” a Movie Clip symbol to scale in a certain way when that symbol is displayed with the Flash Player. (Think of it as a run-time effect.)
How do you make a shape or object a symbol?
#22. Converting Objects to Symbols
- Select one or more objects on the stage. …
- Choose Modify > Convert to Symbol, or press the F8 key. …
- Enter a name for the symbol into the Name field.
- Click the radio button for the type of symbol you want to create: a movie clip, button, or graphic.
How do you delete part of a letter?
First, you have to convert the type from an editible type layer into a layer made of pixels. Then, you can erase it like you drew it with a paint brush. Go to the Layers panel, Right-click on the layer and, from the pop-up menu that appears, choose Rasterize Type.
How do I remove text from an object in Illustrator?
Sometimes removing text involves the following steps :
- Ungroup the objects and select, delete the text to be removed.
- Some elements are put in a clipping mask (including text at times). To remove such text, right click, select ‘release clipping mask’
- There is a possibility of the text layer been locked too.