A hyperlink is a hotspot, or link, such as a button or text, on a Web page the user clicks to load a URL. You can create hyperlinks from text in Adobe Illustrator, a vector graphics program, by creating a slice with the program’s Make Slice feature.
This tutorial will explain how to link text frames. Select the Type Tool [ ]. Drag out one text frame, then press Ctrl+Shift+A to Deselect All and create a second text frame.
About This Article
- Open your Illustrator document.
- Type the URL you want to link to.
- Move the link to the desired position.
- Click File and select Save As.
- Select Adobe PDF as the file format.
- Select artboards to include.
- Click Save.
- Click Save PDF.
Embed a linked file
- Select a file in the Links panel, and choose Embed Image from the panel menu.
- Select the linked artwork in the illustration window. In the Control panel, click the Embed button.
How do I put text on a path in Illustrator?
Switch to the Type Tool, select the text, and enter the new text. Select Type > Type on a Path > Type on a Path Options to open the Path Options dialog box. Choose Rainbow for the Effect, and for Align to Path, choose Ascender. The Ascender is the highest part of the lettering and places the text outside the circle.
To link to a frame or object on the same page, click the text frame or object into which you want to continue the text flow. To link to an existing frame or object on a different page, click the corresponding Page tab on the document navigator, and then click the text frame or object.
How Do I Create a Hyperlink in Photoshop?
- Select the “Slice Tool.” Image Credit: Image courtesy of Adobe. …
- Drag the cursor over the image to create a slice. Image Credit: Image courtesy of Adobe. …
- Create as many slices as you wish. …
- Double-click a slice to add a hyperlink. …
- Save the file in HTML format.
To add hyperlinks, just take the following steps:
- Open your PDF document using Adobe.
- Click on Tools > Edit PDF > Link. Then select “Add/Edit Web or Document Link. Next, drag a box to where you want to add the hyperlink to.
- Last, save the file, and it will add the hyperlink to the document.
How do I save an interactive PDF in Illustrator?
Click File > Save As and select PDF. In the Save Adobe PDF dialog box, select the Smallest File Size option from Adobe PDF Preset. Make sure that you deselect the Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities check box to avoid saving the Illustrator resources along with the document.