Hold down Alt or Option and you’ll see a minus sign next to the icon for the tool. Click the area you want to delete. To remove the bottom piece, you can use similar technique. Draw a shape over the area you want to delete.
Can you cut a shape in Photoshop?
Click on the Shapes tool and select Custom Shape Tool. Select a custom shape for your cut-out in the tool options bar. Draw the shape in the approximate location where you want it to crop your picture. The shape will cover up your picture.
Can you edit a shape in Photoshop?
Select the Shape Selection tool , and then select the Show Bounding Box option. Do one of the following: Click the shape you want to transform, and then drag an anchor to transform the shape. Select the shape you want to transform, choose Image > Transform Shape, and then choose a transformation command.
How do I cut a shape out of a picture?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do you delete part of a layer in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the areas you want to erase. Select the Background Eraser tool . (If the tool isn’t visible, hold down the Eraser tool , and choose the Background Eraser from the pop-up menu.)
How do I delete part of a rectangle in Photoshop?
Hold down Alt or Option and you’ll see a minus sign next to the icon for the tool. Click the area you want to delete.
How do you edit a shape in Photoshop 2019?
Place your cursor somewhere on the canvas, left-click once, and you should see a triangle. When the shape is selected, you should see another toolbar on the screen. This will let you adjust, for example, the fill color, the outline color, and the outline thickness.
How do you reshape an object in Photoshop?
Use Ctrl + T for Windows or Command+T for Mac to activate Free Transform. This will place a bounding box around the selected layer/object. Hold down your Alt key for Windows or Option key for Mac as you’re dragging the handle to reshape the area from its center.
How do you remove a stroke from a shape in Photoshop?
Every shape you draw after doing so will have a stroke matching the options you set. To remove a stroke from a Shape layer, click the Stroke Color button and select No Color, the first of the four buttons at the top of the menu that appears.
How do you remove unwanted objects in Photoshop?
How to Remove Unwanted Items from a Photo in Photoshop
- Select the Clone Stamp Tool from the toolbar, pick a good sized brush and set the opacity to about 95%.
- Hold alt and click somewhere to take a good sample. …
- Release alt and carefully click and drag the mouse over the item you wish to remove.
How do I use the slice tool in Photoshop?
Photoshop Slice Tool
- Select the slice tool in the toolbox.
- Click and drag over the area you wish to make into a slice.
- Release the mouse button – Photoshop automatically creates the necessary number of slices, with the active slice highlighted.