How do you draw inside a shape in Illustrator?
Select the shape you want to put content into, and then select the Draw Inside mode located towards the bottom of the Toolbar. Then create, paste, or place content and it will appear inside the selected shape—essentially, it is masked by the selected shape.
How do you freehand draw a shape in Illustrator?
Draw freeform paths with the Pencil tool
- Click and hold the Shaper tool ( ). Select the Pencil tool .
- Position the tool where you want the path to begin, and drag to draw a path. The Pencil tool ( ) displays a small x to indicate drawing a freeform path. As you drag, a dotted line follows the pointer.
Why can’t I draw inside on Illustrator?
With an already existing clipping mask, you cannot draw inside anymore. Use Isolation mode instead. You can just select (only) the clipping path with the Direct selection tool. Then the Draw Inside mode is available again.
How do you draw inside a stroke?
To use Draw Inside mode, you select a shape (in my example, it’s the triangle with the centered stroke), and then select Draw Inside. The addition of the dotted line corners indicate that you have enabled the mode and which object will function as the clipping path.
Can you freehand draw in Illustrator?
You can draw freehand if you want, or trace over an image yourself: do what feels right. … You should see 1 layer: either the image you’re tracing over, or a blank layer. If you’re tracing over something, lock that layer and create a new one, for tracing.
How do I use the shaper tool in Illustrator?
Using the Shaper tool (drawing shapes)
- In Illustrator, from the Toolbox, click the Shaper tool (Shift+N).
- In the document, draw a shape. For example, draw a rough representation of a rectangle, circle, ellipse, or triangle or other polygon.
- The shape you draw is converted into a crisp geometric shape.