Select your pattern swatch, go to the arrow in the right of the Panel and select Swatches Library Menu > Save Swatches. Name your pattern and make sure it’s saved under the “Swatches Folder” in an . ai format.
How do I save a pattern swatch to my CC library?
Name your pattern collection and Select > Save to save them. You can save your swatches to another file location by simply setting up a new folder in a design folder or project folder and saving it there instead of the default save location.
How do you add a pattern swatch to a library in Illustrator?
Choose Swatch Options from the panel menu, and select Add To My Library. Then, click OK. Choose Save Swatch Library As ASE or Save Swatch Library as AI from the Swatches panel menu, and save the swatch libraries in an easily accessible location.
How do I save a pattern in Illustrator?
To save your pattern tile as a vector Illustrator file, just go to File > Save as > Adobe Illustrator file type, choose the version you want, and press Ok.
How do I use a downloaded pattern in Illustrator?
- Go to Window > Swatch Libraries > Other Library.
- Locate the Illustrator pattern swatch file ending in . AI, then click open.
- Your swatches will show up as a separate Swatch Panel.
- Alternately, you can open the . AI file as a normal Illustrator file.
How do I add patterns to my library?
The easiest way to add a pattern is to create a rectangle, fill it with the pattern, then drag the rectangle to the Libraries panel. It will load as “artwork” but it will contain the pattern.
How do I save something as a pattern?
What to Know
- Open the pattern you want to add in Photoshop, go to Select > All, then select Edit > Define Pattern.
- To save the pattern, go to Edit > Presets > Preset Manager, set the Preset type to Patterns, choose the pattern, then select Save Set.
How do I import swatches into Illustrator?
To install do the following:
- Open the Swatches Panel (Window > Swatches).
- Click the Brush Libraries Menu in the bottom left of the Panel (the bookshelf icon).
- Locate the Swatch Library . ai file.
- Click Open to install.