How do I enable selection in Photoshop?
While editing an image, choose Select > Subject. While using the Object Selection, Quick Selection, or Magic Wand tools, click Select Subject in the options bar. While using the Object Selection or Quick Selection tools in the Select & Mask workspace, click Select Subject in the options bar.
How do you mask an object in Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do you add a selection to a layer mask?
What you learned: Create a layer mask from a selection
- Select the Magic Wand tool in the Toolbar and check Contiguous in the Options bar.
- Click the image background to select it. To add to the selection if necessary, Shift-click in the image. …
- Choose Select > Invert, so the subject is selected instead of the background.
How do I invert a selection in Photoshop?
Invert a selection
In a photo with an existing selection border, choose Select > Inverse. Note: You can use this command to easily select an object that appears against a solid-colored area. Select the solid color using the Magic Wand tool, and then choose Select > Inverse.
How do you mask an object?
Hide parts of objects with a clipping mask
- Create the object you want to use as the mask. This object is called the clipping path. …
- Move the clipping path above the objects you want to mask in the stacking order.
- Select the clipping path and the objects you want to mask.
- Choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make. Note:
How do I use the selection mask tool in Photoshop?
Open an image in Photoshop and do one of the following:
- Choose Select > Select and Mask.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac).
- Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now, click Select and Mask in the Options bar.
How do I extract a selection mask and hair in Photoshop?
Choose Output To > Layer Mask, and click OK. Go back into the Select and Mask workspace to focus on masking the hair. Click the Select and Mask button again. Select the Refine Edge Brush tool, and drag over the edge of the hair.
How do I choose a hair mask?
Select the Refine Edge Brush tool, and drag over the edge of the hair. Drag the Shift Edge slider to the right to move the mask edge inward and hide imperfections. Click OK to close Select and Mask. Don’t worry if the mask is not perfect.