Choose Edit > Fill and in the resulting dialog box, choose Content Aware from the Contents menu. When you click OK, Photoshop fills the selection with surrounding pixels and blends them together. The voodoo used to fill your selection is random and changes each time you use the command.
How do you do smart fill in Photoshop?
Quickly remove objects with Content-Aware Fill
- Select the object. Make a quick selection of an object you want to remove using Select Subject, the Object Selection Tool, the Quick Selection Tool, or the Magic Wand Tool. …
- Open Content-Aware Fill. …
- Refine the selection. …
- Click OK when you’re happy with the fill results.
What is content aware fill in Photoshop?
Photoshop’s Content-Aware Fill command was designed to make removing unwanted objects or distracting elements from your photos as easy as possible. Simply by drawing a selection around an area, Photoshop can instantly replace it with new image detail from surrounding areas.
What is the shortcut to fill in Photoshop?
The Fill Command in Photoshop
- Option + Delete (Mac) | Alt + Backspace (Win) fills with the foreground color.
- Command + Delete (Mac) | Control + Backspace (Win) fills with the background color.
- Note: these shortcuts work with several types of layers including Type and Shape layers.
Why does Photoshop not have content aware fill?
If you don’t have the option to use content aware fill, check the layer you’re working on. Make sure the layer is not locked, and is not an adjustment layer or a smart object. Also check that you have a selection active on which to apply the content aware fill.
How do I use content aware tool in Photoshop 2020?
To use the new Content-Aware Fill options, choose a selection tool and use it to select the area around everything you want to remove in a photo. With the selection active, go to the Edit menu, and select Content-Aware Fill.