How do I fill a custom shape in Photoshop?
Fill and stroke shapes
- Select a shape tool (press U) from the toolbar. In the tool options bar, select Fill or Stroke.
- In the Properties panel, click the fill or stroke type option.
How do I fill a shape with color in Photoshop?
To change the color of a shape in Photoshop, select your shape layer in the Layer Panel, then press U to activate the shape tool. In the upper settings bar, a “Fill” option will appear. Clicking on the Fill setting, pick a new color from the provided color swatches to apply to your shape.
How do I turn a layer into a shape in Photoshop?
Done. If you created a path and want to turn it into a shape, make sure the path is selected, then go to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR > Name the layer and hit OK. You will now have a shape layer as desired.
How do I mask an image into a shape in Photoshop?
Going to Layer > Create Clipping Mask. The clipping mask places the image inside the shape. The Layers panel showing the image clipped to the Shape layer.
How do you fill a shape with pen tool in Photoshop?
Fill a path
Select the Pen tool using the shortcut P. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them. Ctrl/right-click your path in the Paths tab on the right, and then choose Fill Path to create a shape from it.
What is the shortcut to fill in Photoshop?
The Fill Command in Photoshop
- Option + Delete (Mac) | Alt + Backspace (Win) fills with the foreground color.
- Command + Delete (Mac) | Control + Backspace (Win) fills with the background color.
- Note: these shortcuts work with several types of layers including Type and Shape layers.
What is pattern fill?
A full-color pattern fill (also known as “vector pattern”) is a more complex vector graphic that can be composed of lines and fills. A full-color fill can have color or transparent background. A bitmap pattern fill is a bitmap image whose complexity is determined by its size, image resolution, and bit depth.
How do I edit a pattern in Photoshop?
Choose Edit > Define Pattern. Enter a name for the pattern in the Pattern Name dialog box. Note: If you are using a pattern from one image and applying it to another, Photoshop converts the color mode.
How do I scale a pattern in Photoshop?
Double-click on the style to apply it. Once you’ve applied your style, go to Layer > Layer Style > Scale Effects. Use the slider or type into the number box for the percent change you want. Here’s an example of when you might want to adjust the pattern size.
How do I turn a shape into a layer?
Convert an Illustrator layer into a shape layer
- Select the Illustrator layer to convert.
- Go to Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer.
- Open and adjust the layer options for the newly created shape layer to take advantage of the unique animation possibilities provided by shape layers.
How do I turn a smart object into a shape in Photoshop?
You cannot convert a Smart Object to a Shape Layer. The best option is to double-click the Smart Object, which should open it up in Illustrator, then copy it. Jump back to Photoshop and paste it, choosing Shape Layer when the options pop up. Then delete the Smart Object if desired.