Can you paste into a shape in Illustrator?
To use type, you need to Create Outlines (Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-O / Type -> Create Outlines), which will create a group of the letters, then make that group into a Compound Object (Ctrl/Cmd-8 / Object -> Compound Path -> Make).
How do you paste into a shape?
Clicking the shape document’s tab. Going to Edit > Paste. The image has been pasted into the shape’s document.
How do you crop a picture into a shape?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do you fill a shape in Illustrator?
Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.
How do you mask a PNG in Illustrator?
In the Opacity menu of the Control or Appearance tabs, click the button that says “Make Mask” Your menu should now look like the right-hand side. In the opacity menu, there are now two boxes. One shows the image, the other shows the mask.
How do I mask an image?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do I paste into a place in Illustrator?
In Illustrator, you have the option to Paste In Place on a specific artboard, OR on multiple artboards simultaneously. Hope that helps! Oh yes. Make sure you have clicked on the artboard you want to paste on (so it knows which artboard you have selected), then go to Edit -> Paste in Place.
How do I insert text into a shape in Illustrator?
Import text into a path/shape
- Create a path/shape using any drawing tool, such as the Rectangle tool, Shaper tool, or the Pen tool. …
- Choose File > Place and select the text file you want to place.
- Click Place.
- After the text file is loaded in the place gun, click the path of the shape.