What does a legacy format mean?
A file format that has since been updated.
How do I save an Illustrator File without losing quality?
- Select the artboard you would like to save out by selecting the artwork on that artboard.
- Go to File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy)
- A dialogue box will appear. Select JPEG and lower your quality down to 60%. …
- Check to make sure your photo size is around 100K or less before you save it. …
- Click save.
How do I save a PNG File with a transparent background in Illustrator?
From the Background Color dropdown, change the selection from White to Transparent. Then, click on Save Settings. That’s it, your PNG will now be exported with a transparent background.
How do you identify the legacy version of an AI file?
Do you have Adobe Bridge? If you launch it and navigate to your file within that app, then you can view the file properties, which will show the version of Illustrator the file was originally created in.
What is Illustrator CS6?
Adobe Illustrator CS6 is a complete software package that is compatible with other programs such as Photoshop, CorelDraw and Corel Paint. You can design your artwork from a variety of graphic designs that can be used in your websites, books, and brochures.
How do I change legacy text in Illustrator?
Update selected legacy text
- To update the text without creating a copy, select the type object and choose Type > Legacy Text > Update Selected Legacy Text. …
- To preserve the legacy text on a layer below the updated text, select a type tool and click in the text that you want to update.