Reposition the Pen tool where you want the curved segment to end, drag to complete the curve, and release the mouse button.
How do I remove a line from a shape in Illustrator?
Click and hold the Knife tool in the Tools panel and select the Scissors tool. Click in two places on the inner circle as shown. Select the cut segment with the Selection tool and press Delete to remove it.
How do you explode a shape in Illustrator?
Click in the middle of the straight line to make a break in the path. Two new endpoints will appear on the original path. Alternately, click on the anchor point of the path you want to split. Select “Cut Path At Select Anchor Points” from the Control panel.
How do you remove lines from a shape in Illustrator?
Erase part of a path using the Path Eraser tool
- Select the object.
- Select the Path Eraser tool .
- Drag the tool along the length of the path segment you want to erase. For best results, use a single, smooth, dragging motion.
How do you control shapes in Illustrator?
Draw, edit, and re-edit shapes easily
- In the Transform section of the Properties panel, you can change the shape’s dimensions, rotation angle, and other attributes. …
- Drag the single rounded corner widget to round all corners of a polygon. …
- Press and hold the Polygon tool and select the Ellipse tool in the toolbar.
What is an anchor point in illustrator?
An anchor point is a bending point to modify the line segment. A path can be open or closed. An open path has open-ended endpoints, such as a line, while a closed path has connected endpoints, such as a circle. Paths can have two types of anchor points: smooth points or corner points.
How do you smooth a curve in Illustrator?
First use the Selection tool to select the path. Then switch to the Curvature tool and double-click the center point at the bottom to make the corner a smooth curve. To practice, click the straight line segment directly above and drag out a smooth curve. To delete the point, click to select and press Delete.
How do I use the arc tool in Illustrator 2021?
- Click and hold the Line Segment tool ( ). Select the Arc tool .
- Do one of the following: Position the pointer where you want the arc to begin, and drag to where you want the arc to end. Click where you want the arc to begin.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
You can try out the smooth tool by using the following steps.
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.