Select the object. Choose Object > Expand. If the object has appearance attributes applied to it, the Object > Expand command is dimmed. In this case, choose Object > Expand Appearance and then choose Object > Expand.
To enable expand appearance in Adobe Illustrator:
- Select the object (text, stroke etc) that you want to expand using the selection tool (V).
- Go to Object>Expand or Object>Expand Appearance if it’s a brush stroke.
- The Expand dialog box will open.
What is expand tool in Illustrator?
Expanding objects enables you to divide a single object into multiple objects that make up its appearance. For example, if you expand a simple object, such as a circle with a solid-color fill and a stroke, the fill and the stroke each become a discrete object.
What is the shortcut to expand in Illustrator?
It’s so much more intuitive to press ctrl/cmd+a and expand using the keyboard.
How do you expand the brush stroke in Illustrator?
Select the brushstroked object (Figure 1). Choose Object menu > Expand. Check the Object or Stroke option and uncheck the Fill option (Figure 2). Click OK (Return/Enter).
How do you use expand?
“The company plans to expand into a new market.” “They will try to expand into China next year.” “They need to expand their factory to meet demands.” “We have started to expand our marketing campaign.”
How do you expand a mesh in Illustrator?
Select the object and choose Object > Expand. Select Gradient Mesh, and click OK.
How do I thicken an outline in Illustrator?
Yes, you can make the outlined path thicker. Simplest way is to just apply a stroke on the outlines. This will then be added to your stroke (so remember it needs to be 1/2 the additional weight you need). Closed outlines may need this done to both sides.
How do I change the arc in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Line Segment tool ( ). Select the Arc tool .
- Do one of the following: Position the pointer where you want the arc to begin, and drag to where you want the arc to end. Click where you want the arc to begin.
What does command 7 do in Illustrator?
|Make with Top Object||⌥ + ⌘ + C||Alt + Ctrl + C|
|Make||⌥ + ⌘ + X||Alt + Ctrl + X|
|Make||⌘ + 7||Ctrl + 7|
|Release||⌥ + ⌘ + 7||Alt + Ctrl + 7|
How do you Ctrl D in Illustrator?
Identical to the functionality of Adobe Illustrator (i.e. learned behavior,) allow users to select an object and use the keyboard shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + D to duplicate that object after initial copy & paste (or Alt + Drag.)
How do I stretch an image in Illustrator?
- Click the “Selection” tool, or arrow, from the Tools panel and click to select the object you want to resize.
- Choose the “Scale” tool from Tools panel.
- Click anywhere on the stage and drag up to increase the height; drag across to increase the width.
How do you stretch letters?
Stretch or scale the text horizontally
- Select the text that you want to stretch or compress.
- On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher, and then click the Advanced tab. Note: If you’re using Word 2007 the tab is called Character Spacing.
- In the Scale box, enter the percentage that you want.