(If the tool isn’t visible, hold down the Magic Wand tool .) In the options bar, click one of the selection options: New, Add To, or Subtract From. New is the default option if nothing is selected. After making the initial selection, the option changes automatically to Add To.
Where is the quick selection tool in Photoshop CC?
Click the Quick Selection tool in the toolbar on the left side of the screen. It’s the fourth option from the top, and looks like a paint brush making a dotted line. If you instead see a magic wand icon, right-click it and then select “Quick Selection Tool.”
What is the shortcut key of quick selection tool?
W is the shortcut for the tool group Magic Wand and Quick Selection Tool. Need to change to the other? SHIFT+W will swop.
How do I add an object to the selection tool in Photoshop?
How to select objects with the Object Selection Tool
- Step 1: Draw an initial selection around the object. Start by drawing your initial selection. …
- Step 2: Look for problems with the selection. …
- Step 3: Hold Shift and drag to add to the selection. …
- Step 4: Hold Alt (Win) / Option (Mac) and drag to subtract from the selection.
How do you add a selection in Photoshop?
Select a selection tool, and do one of the following: Hold down Shift (a plus sign appears next to the pointer) to add to the selection, or hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS) to subtract (a minus sign appears next to the pointer) from a selection. Then select the area to add or subtract and make another selection.
How do I edit a quick selection in Photoshop?
Quick Selection tool
- Select the Quick Selection tool . …
- In the options bar, click one of the selection options: New, Add To, or Subtract From. …
- To change the brush tip size, click the Brush pop-up menu in the options bar, and type in a pixel size or drag the slider. …
- Choose Quick Selection options:
How do I select a selection in Photoshop?
Go to the Tools panel and click on the Quick Selection tool. This tool can detect edges of objects based on color and tone. So, it will do a lot of the selecting work for you.