If you want a circular selection, press the Shift key too, as you’re dragging. Release your finger from the mouse/trackpad and then from the Shift key. Tip: After you make a selection, you can re-position it by clicking inside the marching ants with a selection tool and dragging.
How do you select an exact area in Photoshop?
One way is to use the Rectangular Marquee Tool and set the Style to Fixed Size and then enter the numbers into the Width and Height fields. You can also move the selection area by dragging inside the selection if you have the tool option for the rectanagular marguee tool set to New Selection.
How do I select a specific size in Photoshop?
When you have made a selection in Photoshop, you can easily make that selection a few pixels larger of smaller by choosing Select > Modify. To make your selection bigger choose Expand, to make the selection smaller, choose Contract.
How do I edit a selected area in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.
How do I copy a circle in Photoshop?
Hit Command/Ctrl + Alt/Option+ “T” to transform a copy of the small circle. Then, Hold Alt/Option to click and drag the center point to the center of your canvas, hold Shift to rotate the circle copy, and hit enter.
How do you select part of an image in Photoshop?
How do I select and move a part of one image to another?
- Open both of your images in Photoshop. …
- Click on the Quick Selection tool in the tool bar, as highlighted below.
- Using the Quick Selection tool, click and drag over the area of the first image that you want to move into the second image.
How do I select a specific pixel in Photoshop?
Click the mouse at the location where you want to start selecting, then drag it until the desired area is selected.
- To include or remove pixels from the selection, click the Select menu, select Refine Edge, then choose an option.
- To deselect an area, press Ctrl + D .
How do I fill a selection in Photoshop?
Fill a selection or layer with color
- Choose a foreground or background color. …
- Select the area you want to fill. …
- Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer. …
- In the Fill dialog box, choose one of the following options for Use, or select a custom pattern: …
- Specify the blending mode and opacity for the paint.
How do you refine a selection in Photoshop?
The Refine Edge tool is available from both the Photoshop menu bar and the right-click context menu.
- Make a selection in your file in Photoshop. …
- Once the selection is active (you see the “marching ants” around the selection), open the Refine Edge window by right-clicking the selection and choosing Refine Edge.
Which tool is used to select the area which has been not selected in the picture?
Ans- Rectangular selection is used to select a square or rectangular part of the picture. And free form selection is used to select an irregular part of the picture. 3.