How do you blur an area in Illustrator?
Use a selection tool to select the area that you want to blur. Go to the Filter menu, select Blur, and select Gaussian Blur.
How do I blur a layer in Illustrator?
- The masking object needs to be on a layer above the art it is masking. …
- Convert the “copied” object to white fill and no stroke.
- Apply a Gaussian Blur to the “copied” object.
- Select both objects (the copied object and the original object).
- Using the Transparency panel, click the “Make Mask” button.
How do I blur borders in Illustrator?
Go to Effect > Blur > Gaussian Blur… and apply some blur (you can also do this via fx in the appearance palette). Reduce the opacity of the blurred rectangle (you can do this in the appearance panel or the transparency panel).
Where is the smudge tool in Illustrator?
There’s a warp tool (shft+R) underneath the width tool in the tools pallette. It’s not quite a smudge(it won’t blend colors) but it will let you nudge elements around while deforming them. That’s about as close as you will likely get to what you’re looking for.
How do I blur text in Illustrator?
Make sure that your text stays selected and focus on the Appearance panel. Select the fill, lower its Opacity to 50%, and go to Effect > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Set the Radius to 10 px and click OK.